We Need Your Help Making an Awesome Video
We’re partnering with a Canadian phone company to make a video wishing Canada a happy 150th birthday and we need your help! We’re hoping to gather birthday wishes from around the world. All you have to do is film a quick video on your cell phone, computer, or camera. If we use your video, you’ll be paid $150.
Video submissions are due by 5/19.
Please send submissions to email@example.com and include all of the information below:
- Full Name:
- Phone Number:
- Do you speak English?
- If no, which language?
Instructions for the Video:
In your video submission, say the following (in English or the language you’re most comfortable with):
- Say “happy birthday Canada!” or “happy 150th!”
- PAUSE. In a sentence or two, tell Canada why you think they're awesome.
**Pick a couple notable things Canada has done from the Ideas below or come up with your own!
- SAMPLE: You brought the world maple syrup and changed breakfast forever. Thank you.
- SAMPLE: Your country is beautiful. You’ve done a great job preserving that beauty for the world.
- SAMPLE: If the rest of the world was more like you, the world would be a more peaceful place.
**If you film with a cell phone, please hold it horizontally (sideways), an arm’s length away from yourself.
Consider the following two options when thinking about where you want to film your video:
- Find a location that shows off your city or country and makes it recognizable to the rest of the world. For example, if you live in the deserts of Arizona, film on the red dirt with the cactuses behind you; if you live in Paris, film in front of the Eiffel Tower!
- Film during the daytime in an area that’s quiet and has a lot of daylight. This could be on a street in front of your home or in a room with big windows.
**This project is of a confidential nature. We appreciate your discretion. If you know someone who would be a great fit, or eager to be involved, please let us know and we’d be happy to contact them!
IMPORTANT - Please Read
If submission is chosen, Producer shall pay Participant 150.00 USD (paid via Paypal). All used submissions become the sole property of Producer and may be used in any manner, commercial or otherwise, including without limitation in the Program or any other Program, in any and all media and/or technologies now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity. The submission of a video constitutes the participant's permission to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of the participant, as well as the participants representation that he/she has obtained all necessary permissions and approvals to use the video and the name, voice and likeness of all persons appearing in the video, in and in connection with the Program and any and all other exploitations thereof or otherwise, including, without limitation, for programming, advertising and promotional purposes, in all media and/or technologies, now known or hereinafter created. By submitting, each Participant agrees to release, discharge, defend and hold harmless Shareability Inc. and Shaw Communications, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and each of their respective licensees, assigns, officers, directors, employees, members, partners, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission, exhibition or exploitation of the Program, or otherwise.
Here are some awesome things that Canada has done that you could talk about:
Superficial and Humorous
● Maple syrup.
● The hot Ryans (Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling).
● Banff (the word and the place).
● You make some great brew!
● Those doughnuts at Timmy’s.
● Justin Bieber… Thanks a lot.
● Prime minister!
● All the funniest people, ever.
● You’re not afraid to laugh at yourself.
● AM radio, which I listen to whenever I can’t get FM radio.
● Walkie-Talkies. The first cell phones for people who wanted to walk-y and Talk-y.
● Goalie Masks, and Mike Myers, oh yeah, and the other Mike Myers
● Five Pin Bowling, cause ten pins is too many pins.
● The pager. A pager is like a portable cell phone except you can’t talk, text or surf the web with it.
Sounds lame but we loved them in the 90s.
Real Contributions and Little Known Facts
● Your country is beautiful. You’ve done a great job preserving that beauty for the world.
● Your stem cell research is saving lives.
● I love basketball and basketball was invented by a Canadian.
● Peanut butter.
● You invented snowblowers, snowmobiles, basically everything that makes winter more bearable.
● You have the most accepted passport in the world!
● Insulin treatments for diabetics have made life better for millions.
● Instant replay for sports.
● The pacemaker has healed our hearts.
● Alexander Graham Bell was Scottish, but invented the Telephone in Ontario, Canada.
Values and Culture
● You really are so nice.
● You are tolerant of other people and cultures.
● You have two national languages!
● You are proof that diversity makes us stronger.
● You are a good neighbor.
● You know how to make people happy.
● You help those in need, from refugees to natural disaster relief
● You watch out for the environment.
● You are a peacemaker, always a calm voice of reason.
● You stand up for the little guy.